Sunday, July 29, 2012

Showcase Sunday (10) - Stacking the Shelves (2)

Showcase Sunday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Vicky at the Books, Biscuits and Tea blog. It is a meme inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren. The goal of this meme is for us bookish peeps to showcase & highlight the books that we have either bought, borrowed, won, downloaded, or received for review the past week :)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Review to highlight the books us bloggers have gotten during the week, as well.

I like both memes, so I've decided to take part in both =)



BOUGHT
UK paperback of Stolen Night (Vampire Queen #2) - by Rebecca Maizel 




FOR REVIEW
Shift (Book # 2 in Firstborn Trilogy) - by Raine Thomas [e-book]



Sidenote: Stolen Night is the sequel to Infinite Days (my all time fave YA book). I have been waiting for this book for about 2 years. It came out in the UK at the beginning of July and I just had to get a copy. It doesn't come out in the US, however, until Jan 2013 under the title 'Stolen Nights' and I didn't want to wait that long, so I tracked down a UK copy *woot woot*... I am midway through Stolen Night already and it is AMAZING. Beautiful writing and incredible characters.

Shift is the sequel to Defy which I read in one day and I cannot wait to read it. Defy was super fun!


What book loveliness did you receive this week? :)







12 comments:

  1. Shift looks awesome. I love the cover. Very cool looking. Come visit me if you can.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I still have yet to read the first book in the Vampire Queen series, but I have heard so many good things about it! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book in the Vampire Queen series from the library but I haven't got to read it yet. I love the cover for Shift. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that cover for Stolen Night. I really enjoyed the first book in the Firstborn trilogy. I hope you enjoy Shift! I hope you enjoy all the books you got this week! Thanks for stopping by!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd not heard of of the Firstborn trilogy, I'll have to look into them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, all the covers look absolutely stunning! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul this week! I have already added a few of them to my TBR list.
    Happy Reading,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2266

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maizel's second one - yes - I want to read it too!

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cover of Stolen Night.
    Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover for Stolen Night, but I'm even more envious you got Shift for review! I wanna know what happens next, too! Can't wait for this to come out in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, gorgeous covers :D Hope you will love them both ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul this week! These books have absolutely gorgeous covers, especially Shift! Very eye catching! Thanks for sharing! :D

    My StS post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3