Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (48): The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Visit Breaking The Spine to see more entries!






This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead
 Release Date: February 10th 2015 Razorbill
 Format: Hardcover






 Goodreads Summary:
The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.







 Reasons I want to read & own this book: 
1. Richelle Mead. Since reading Vampire Academy, I have simply fallen in love with her writing style. She knows how to get in a characters head. She is amazing at world building and characterization. And she can write a romance that you agonize over like nobody's business



2. The protagonists. This story is told from Sydney Sage's point of view. She has such a unique voice as a heroine. Really different from most female leads. Methodical, logical, intelligent and loyal. In the bloodlines series we have seen how she breaks out of her shell and also how her qualities help her out as a person and make her special. Adrian Ivashkov, the male lead. Who is a pretty legendary character since Vampire Academy. Smooth, sarcastic, sophisticated and  tortured artist with a fun sense of humor. I can't get enough of Adrian.





3. The secondary characters. What I love about a Richelle Mead book is that her secondary characters are not just props in the background. They all have such unique stories and I am dying to see how things conclude for the secondary characters in this series, such as Eddie and Jill, to name a few.


 What do you guys think? :)









 



8 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Shadow Kiss. I want to catch up!!! I agree, Richelle Mead really knows how to make a character jump off the page. Great pick this week :)

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Nice!! :) Shadow Kiss was so awesome. VA is a flawless series. And thanks so much for reading and stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to read any of these books or the other series. I hear they are good but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha. They are pretty good. Definitely.

      Thank you and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. I've yet to finish Vampire Academy but I need to because the Bloodlines series sounds absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    Maddie @ The Girly Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great series.

      You're welcome and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I really am curious about this series. I think I need to make time for it!

    Lovely, lovely pick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really unique. I love it.

      And thanks so much! :)

      Delete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3