Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (49): The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Visit Breaking The Spine to see more entries!






This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Release Date: September 30th 2014 by Spencer Hill Contemporary 
Format: Paperback
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Goodreads Summary:
According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Reasons I want to read & own this book: 
1.  Rachel Harris. She is one of the nicest people ever. Loves books. Super friendly. Loves to write cute romances that make you smile. Rachel rocks!
 
 
 
2. The title of the book. The Fine Art of Pretending. Reminds me of that line: love and hate, such a fine line. And pretending is kinda like that. You are always walking a fine line of, will they discover me or will I fall into the trap of my own lie and then be caught up in drama? It's endless. I'm curious about what pretending leads to in this book.

3. The cover. Its cute and the story looks cute, so i want to read this. Simple as that, lol.
 

4. This book kinda reminds me of Easy A, that Emma Stone movie where you have a girl who isn't seen as date-able who kinda changes up her image to be that IT girl everyone likes and that is gorgeous and fabulous. And that was definitely a fun movie, that was insightful. And this book seems to have that vibe a bit.



 What do you guys think? :)
 
 
 
 
 
 



12 comments:

  1. Cute cover. I love Contemporary and this sounds like one I'll enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book too, can't wait!

    My wow: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-atlantia-by-ally.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pick :)
    I really hope you get to enjoy it

    Yours
    smarty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an entertaining read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cover and the synopsis sounds like it would be entertaining. Hope it is worth the wait. Check out our Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks adorable. Plus I love books about friendships that become something more... and TFAoP looks like it'd fall into that category. :) Great pick and thanks for visiting our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds lovely. I hope you'll enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't my usual kind of read at all, but even I have to admit it looks and sounds freaking adorable!! It also kind of reminds me of Easy A, a movie that I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes! I am definitely excited about this one as well! Love your WoW pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH awesome pick I'm really excited for this one too!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, I'm actually supposed to be reading this one right now. I hope you enjoy the book!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3