Thursday, November 24, 2016

Anti Stepbrother by Tijan

Anti-StepbrotherAnti-Stepbrother by Tijan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I havent read a good New Adult book in ages. Most people turn to this genre because YA books limit the way authors can write mature situations. BUT sometimes authors take advantage of this and take it too far with the sex scenes in the sense that they use them for shock value and ignore the character and emotional development needed for a balanced book.

But WE have a winner here. Because Summer and Caden are a reflection of their age. College students. They have steam and chemistry but there is depth. No Insta love here. There is a lot of development here because I went from being skeptical about Summer to "You go, girl!" With her realness. And Caden, Caden!!! He was sexy, strong and mysterious but had a really sweet nature underneath and a lot of emotional turmoil.

So did Summer. She starts off with thinking she likes someone else to a slow development of friends to lovers with Caden. And that's what I loved. At the beginning you had no idea where things were heading but slowly you see this connection growing between Summer and Caden!

Loved the secondary characters. I need books about Cadens brothers please! And Tijan surprised me with some backstories. Shes my new autobuy author.

5/5





View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read a New Adult book in YEARS lol,I've had Tijan on my radar for years so I'm thinking I better give this one a try. Glad you enjoyed it.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha same here. It had been a while since i read an NA. And this was my first time reading Tijan and I was pleasantly surprised.

      Thanks again and do so glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  2. I've read Tijan before, but it's been a while... This sounds good Jennifer, glad you think the author hit all aspects perfectly too. Fab review!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. And thanks so much, Naomi!!! appreciate it :)

      Delete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3