Monday, March 12, 2012

In Her Shoes (1): Tessa Gray from Clockwork Prince





In Her Shoes is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Vanya at YA Story Teller. To participate, simply put yourself in the shoes of a heroine you've recently read about, and then talk about what you would do in her place, or what you've learned from her.

Featuring this week:
 Tessa Gray from Clockwork Prince 


Theresa "Tessa" Gray is a character from the series The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I originally read about her in Clockwork Angel, the 1st installment in The Infernal Devices and loved her immediately. I am now reading more about her in Clockwork Prince, the sequel to Clockwork Angel. Tessa is a shapeshifter who is originally from America and goes to Victorian England to meet up with her brother after her aunt and only guardian dies. Would I change something if I was in Tessa's place? no. The girl has suffered through all kinds of hardships and betrayals and she didn't know she was a shapeshifter but I love that she gets to live with the shadowhunters in London's institute. I also love that she is very willful and doesn't give up easily no matter how dangerous the situation is. In the case you haven't read this series yet, shadowhunters are humans who hunt demons and have angel blood in their veins. In Clockwork Prince, Tessa gets to be around Jem and Will, who are both shadowhunters and two of the best male lead characters I have ever had the pleasure to read about. And it doesn't hurt that they are gorgeous and well read, strong and good hearted and everything you want in a guy character, basically.

Have I learned something from Tessa? Yes, I have. I love that she is so true to herself. The girl is a bookaholic/avid reader and it doesn't matter what situation she is placed in, she carries her love for books and her passion for the things she loves, with her at all times. It's admirable because when some people get stuck in a difficult situation they can sometimes lose sight of their hobbies and loves. She doesn't. I've also learned from Tessa that being kind and honest is not something you should be ashamed of. This girl is not afraid to show her feelings or her thoughts. She has a pure heart and is very honorable as a person. And I love it.

 





2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were following my meme :)) I guess I'll do the linky thing, so everyone can register :)) That's so awesome!!
    And I love Tessa Gray! She is brave and didn't waver in her decisions.

    By the way, you've been given a blog award! Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed :)

    I loved the idea of your meme since I saw it!

    Yay for loving Tessa, too! Agreed, the girl is an awesome character and thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3